Thursday, April 5, 2012

Streets of Downtown: Miami Street Photography club's meetup is tomorrow!

I am leading the tomorrow's meetup in Downtown Miami.
If you are one of the participants of tomorrow's event, here is some info for you:
I have started photographing the place in 2005; today, thousands of shutter clicks and hundreds rolls later these few blocks still inspiring me to keep looking and shooting. I shoot film and most of the time it is black and white film, but tomorrow I'll bring my digital setup along with the film camera(s) in an attempt to be on pair with you guys. For those of you who are going to start earlier I'll be at Bayfront Park, in the shadow of a big tree at 9AM and until 9:15AM, as pictured on the map:

View Larger Map
I'll meet with the rest of you at 10AM in front of the Guzman Center for the Performing Arts here:

View Larger Map

Shooting in the streets is a solitary experience and we not going to do it together, but we'll meet after the shoot in one of the restaurants nearby to talk about it; my suggestion is Sky Grille, it has a great view, but it's up to you to decide. Please familiarize yourself with the free Metromover transportation system:

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/mover_stations.asp

it is very useful when you need to move around Downtown and also it is a good place to take pictures.
You may also check my Flickr map; I have all my pictures geotagged and there you'll see Downtown through my lens and decide for yourself where the fish are (:



Have a wonderful evening and see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment